Four Things You Need To Know About Kinect Adaper For XBox One S and One X
I believe many of the XBox users are now frustrated with Microsoft's recent decision: Stop producing Kinect Adapter for XBOX OneS / OneX. Although Microsoft have listed Kinect Adapter on its official website, the price is quite high. For those who are not familiar with Kinect Adapter and those who wish to find one for your XBox, here are FOUR things that you need to know.
1. Why We Need Kinect Adapter
To use your existing Xbox One Kinect Sensor with a new Xbox One S or Xbox One X console, you'll need an Xbox Kinect Adapter. This adapter lets you connect your Xbox One Kinect Sensor to the Xbox One S or Xbox One X console. It is also worth noting the adapter is also needed to connect Kinect to Windows 10 PCs. The Kinect Sensor and Kinect Adapter ceased manufacturing in November 2017. However, Microsoft has ended production of the Kinect Adapter in October, the USB accessory that is required to connect the Xbox One Kinect sensor to an Xbox One S, Xbox One X or Windows device.
2. How To Set Up Kinect Adapter
Here are the steps on how to set up Kinect Adapter with an XBox One S or XBox One X console
Step1: Set up the adapter
1. Plug the wall plug into the power supply.
2. Insert the round connector of the power supply into the Kinect hub.
3. Insert the Kinect sensor cable into the Kinect hub.
4. Insert the included USB cable into the Kinect hub. You're now ready to connect the adapter to your console.
Step 2: Connect the Kinect Adapter to the XBox One S or X console
1. Insert the USB 3.0 cable into the left USB port labeled "Kinect" on the back of the console. Your Kinect sensor is now ready to be set up on your console.
2. For best practice, make sure your Kinect sensor and Kinect Adapter are not sitting directly on top of your console.
3. On your console, open the Guide and select System.
4. Select All settings > Kinect & devices.
5. Select Kinect and follow the instructions to set up your sensor.
3. What if the Kinect Sensor is not responding
There can be several causes if your Kinect sensor is not responsive or is turned off when you try to use the Kinect Adapter. Try these solutions to fix the issue:
Make sure the Kinect sensor is turned on in the console settings. Go to System > All settings > Kinect & devices > Kinect.
Power cycle your console. Sometimes the connection between the sensor and the console needs to be reset. To do this, hard boot the console by holding down the power button for 5 seconds until the console shuts down. Disconnect the power supply from the console, and wait 1 minute before reconnecting and restarting the console.
Check the connections of the sensor and adapter to make sure each connector is firmly attached.
Make sure that the Kinect sensor and adapter are not placed directly on top of the console.
The adapter must be powered to pass Kinect information to the console. Check the power supply of the adapter and make sure that the LED is lit. If you still have power issues after checking the power supply, reset the Kinect Adapter power supply by unplugging it for 10 seconds and plugging it back in.
4. Kinect is more than games
One of the most widely used features of Kinect has been its voice commands. It provides a sleeker and faster method of jumping between aspects of the OS. The console has Cortana – Microsoft's digital voice assistant from its PC and phone endeavors. It comes with the expanded functionality, higher flexibility and offers the similar base functionality of standard voice commands.
Moreover, the Kinect Adapter also allows the device to be connected directly to a Window PC, for use with the official software development kid from Microsoft. You can craft experiences that are more natural, personal and engaging.